Ask the Expert

If a NP in Al wants to prescribe suboxone....what are the steps for doing so?

Friday, February 23, 2018

The CRNP/PA in Alabama can apply for a data-waiver to prescribe Suboxone for addiction once they do the following:

  1. Obtain a QACSC and DEA
  2. Take the 24-hours of CME that SAMSHA requires before applying

This is currently not regulated by the Alabama BME as the data-waiver program is federal; however, the QACSC protocol still needs to be followed anytime a CRNP/PA is prescribing Controlled IIIs (Suboxone) in the State of Alabama.

Here is the link for more information:

Got a question? Get an answer!

Ask the Expert